Back to:


The exhibition is the last to be organized by the founding director of the Technical University’s Architecture Museum, Prof. Winfried Nerdinger. In 1989, when he became director of what was then the Architecture Collection, it was located in a rented apartment not far from the main university building and in a broom cupboard above the library. Having been expanded under Prof. Nerdinger’s directorship, the collection now has 1100 models, 550,000 plans and 220,000 photographs, making it the largest specialized architecture archive in Germany.

Der Architekt – Geschichte und Gegenwart eines Berufsstandes
Pinakothek der Moderne
Barer Str. 40
80333 München

Until 3 Feb 2013.

Opening hours:
Tues - Sun, 10 am to 6 pm
Thurs 10 am to 8 pm

Adults 10 euros
Concessions 7 euros
Sundays 1 euro

(Image left:

Imprint / ©Verlag form GmbH & Co. KG.
Designer Profiles form e-paper form RSS-Feed